The National Business Gateway
The National Business Gateway is a national contact centre dedicated to making it easier for the Australian business community to do business with us. We can help with registration, access management, and updating your business contact details and information on our business services.
Call the National Business Gateway on 131 158 between 8.30 am and 7.00 pm EST.
With Centrelink Business Online Services information is available for extended hours, meaning that you can access it at a time and place convenient for you.
If your organisation uses digital credentials, you can nominate one of your staff to manage access to Centrelink Business Online Services in your organisation.
Registering for Centrelink Business Online Services
You will need the following information in order to successfully register for Centrelink Business Online Services:
- your organisation's ABN
- your AUSkey for the organisation (recommended for a faster registration)
- your organisation's name and business address
- your name and contact details as the applicant
- name and contact details of your organisation’s Primary Business Contact/User (if that is not going to be you) who will be the main contact for us and the main user of the service/s and who will advise us on other users' access requirements to the service/s
- name and contact details of the Authorised Person (if that is not going to be you) that your organisation designates to accept the Terms and Conditions to use Centrelink Business Online Services on its behalf.
We will access the Australian Business Register to validate information you provide during your registration.
Registration should take less than 10 minutes if you have all the required information at hand. Your registration process will be automated if you use your Administrator AUSkey. Alternatively, if you do not have an AUSkey, the National Business Gateway will need to independently verify the information you supply. This can take up to five business days.
You will not be able to save a partially completed registration—it must be completed in a single session.
The registration process will enable you to register your organisation for selected Centrelink Business Online Services, even if you do not have an existing business relationship with us. We will ask you for some information about your organisation and the services you require.
To protect the security and privacy of the information you provide, the system will time-out if you do not respond to a page being displayed within 14 minutes. You will lose the information provided and will need to start the process again.
AUSkey for Centrelink Business Online Services
A new online security pass, called AUSkey, has been introduced by the Australian Government to streamline access by businesses to online services across government.
If you have an AUSkey you will be able to register faster, access more functions, and access Centrelink Business Online Services without having to maintain a separate password.
To find out more about AUSkey or to register on line, visit the AUSkey website.
Australian Taxation Office digital certificate users
The department will support the use of Australian Taxation Office digital certificates until they expire. However, if you are planning on using Standard Business Reporting in the near future, you are encouraged to register for an AUSkey before registering with us.
Service availability for Centrelink Online Services and Phone Self Service
Centrelink Online Services and Phone Self Service are available at scheduled times each day. We will let you know on this page when online services have scheduled maintenance.
National Business Gateway
The National Business Gateway is a national contact centre dedicated to making it easier for the Australian business community to do business with us.
The National Business Gateway provides a range of services including:
- advice and assistance in completing Centrelink forms including questionnaires, Work Details Reports, Employment Separation Certificates, and Employer Contact Certificates
- information regarding retrenchments
- acceptance of information about incorrect income-support payments
- general information on Centrelink issues and referrals to other government agencies
- assistance with business and organisation users with online services access and problems.
Call 131 158 between 8.30 am and 7.00 pm EST.