EVoR is a secure, automated process that lets community housing organisations verify and update a customer’s rent amount electronically with the department each time there is a change in rent.
Community-housing organisations, in this case, comprise not-for-profit organisations that provide affordable rental accommodation to people on low to moderate incomes within Australia.
Using EVoR, you can send accurate customer rent details to us in a timely manner. You can provide updates for individual customers or lodge a batch file for multiple customers.
EVoR can also help:
- improve customer service
- provide greater availability of Rent Assistance to customers who have previously had difficulty with verification procedures and
- simplify the process of rent verification for your customers—eliminating the need for them to request a Rent Certificate every time there is a change in their rent.
EVoR is free for approved community-housing organisations.
You need to know
To use the EVoR, you must:
- log in to our secure site
- choose the entry service you need
- enter the customer’s details.
You can provide an update for an individual customer, or lodge a batch file for multiple customers.
For more information on using EVoR see the EVoR User Guide.
Support for using EVoR
As an EVoR participant, you receive:
- access to EVoR five days a week
- information to assist your staff, including an EVoR user guide providing step-by-step instructions on the process
- helpdesk support five days a week (with the exception of national public holidays).
|Service availability||Monday to Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|Service monitored||7.00 am to 8.45 pm||Not available||Not available|
|Centrelink Helpdesk||9.00 am to 5.00 pm||Not available||Not available|
Applying for EVoR
To apply, you need to complete and lodge an application for EVoR. The lodgement details are on the application form. We will assess your application and advise you of the outcome in writing. If your application is approved, you will be asked to complete security and privacy documentation before access can be provided to the EVoR service. Please download and read the EVoR Policy before applying.
To apply to participate in EVoR, please follow these steps:
- Download and read the EVoR Policy.
- Download and read the Department of Human Services Business Terms and Conditions. This document sets out the contractual terms that apply to both the Australian Government Department of Human Services and your organisation, when your application is approved by the department.
- Download and read the EVoR Schedule 7. This document sets the contractual terms that relate to the specific operation and requirements of EVoR.
- Download, read, and complete the EVoR Business Application.
- Lodge your application per the instructions in the Business Application.
More information about EVoR
For more information about EVoR call the Centrelink Confirmation eServices Helpdesk on 1800 887 774 or email email@example.com.