Registering for regular and one off direct deduction arrangement
You can register your business to receive income managed funds via direct credit through an Income Management contract. There are 2 contracts:
Schedule 4 contract
You should apply for a Schedule 4 [docx 29kb] contract if you provide services that will assist customers to meet their Income Management priority needs. For example, service providers such as utility providers, landlords, community housing organisations and childcare providers.
Schedule 5 contract
You should apply for a Schedule 5 [docx 36kb] contract if you provide goods that will assist customers to meet their Income Management priority needs. For example, food stores such as supermarkets and bakeries, community stores, furniture stores and pharmacies.
Once your business is registered, you can receive funds from us on behalf of customers directly into your bank account. Income managed customers can request to have regular scheduled payments or one off payments made to your organisation or business through this facility.
How to register
Before you start
Download and read the policy relating to Income Management contracts on the Department of Social Services website.
- Income Management Deductions – Schedule 4 Policy Framework [docx 29kb] or
- Income Management Deductions – Schedule 5 Policy Framework [docx 36kb]
You can also contact the Income Management and BasicsCard Merchant Helpdesk on Freecall™1800 039 417 or email email@example.com for more information about which schedule you should apply for.
Read the Income Management Deductions – Service Delivery and Compliance Guidelines [docx 43kb]. These outline the processes we follow when:
- assessing whether an organisation is eligible to participate in the Income Management Deduction Program
- managing Income Management Deduction Contracts
- conducting audits and compliance reviews of participants, and
- terminating Income Management Deduction Contracts
Download and read the Department of Human Services Business Terms and Conditions. This document set the contract terms which apply to both us and your organisation if approved as an Income Management participant.
Register to become an Income Management organisation by:
Download and complete the:
- Business Application for Income Management Deductions form
- Business Online Services – User Details form for access to Centrelink Business Online Services which will give you access to your Centrelink Deduction reports detailing all your Income Management deduction information
- Business Online Services – Centrelink Deduction Report requirements form to choose and specify your individual business needs for your Centrelink Deduction Report
Freecall™ 1800 039 417 from 8:30 am to 5 pm local time
Submit your application
Fax your Business Application, User Details and Centrelink Deduction Report requirements forms to us on 1300 727 760.
If you are approved as an Income Management Schedule 4 or Schedule 5 participant, you will receive an Approval Letter from your state or territory account manager.