Mark your identity
Fill in the Voluntary Indigenous Identifier form, and send it to:
Indigenous Access Program
PO Box 1001
Tuggeranong DC ACT 2901
If you are an employer who hires an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, you can apply for a wage subsidy.
To be eligible, the job seeker you employ must:
- be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander job seeker, registered with us as unemployed and
- be actively looking for work and receiving an eligible income-support payment. If the job seeker is under 21 years of age, they do not need to be receiving an income-support payment.
You need to know
Indigenous Wage Subsidy payments
Indigenous Wage Subsidy offers payments to employers who employ Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Indigenous Wage Subsidy offers payments to employers of up to:
- $6600 (including GST) over 26 weeks for ongoing full-time employment (35 hours or more per week, or as defined as full-time in the relevant industrial award or certified workplace agreement)
- $3300 (including GST) over 26 weeks for ongoing part-time employment at least 15 hours per week, every week.
The subsidy comprises two components:
- a set-rate subsidy of $4400 for full-time positions and a Retention Bonus of $1100 after 13 and 26 weeks of employment
- a set-rate subsidy of $2200 for part-time positions and a Retention Bonus of $550 after 13 and 26 weeks of employment.