About the service
As an Organisational Nominee, you can request access to a range of services online. Including:
- accepting a nominee appointment
- ceasing a nominee appointment
- updating contact details
- changing payment details (depending on type of Nominee arrangements)
- view and print principals advices using Organisational Online mail (OOM)
When a person appoints you to be a nominee it does not prevent them from managing their account with us.
Nominee arrangements are usually voluntary. Nominee arrangements can be cancelled at any time by contacting us, unless the arrangement is legally enforced, for example a court appointed arrangement. You can be a nominee for correspondence or for payment. Different people or organisations can be nominated for each role or the same for both.
To access the service you must be registered for a Business online account. If you are already registered, you can request access to the Organisation Nominee Service when you log in.
What you can do online
The range of options available to you online will depend on the type of nominee arrangement you have with each person.
For example, if you are a payment nominee only, you may only have access to options relating to payments.
You can also subscribe for the people for whom you are nominee.
When you are registered, you can:
- manage your own or your organisation’s details
- request a new service or contact
- access the organisational online mail system, and
- choose to act on behalf of someone for whom your organisation is nominee
For more information on the services available to all nominees when using the online service read our Someone to deal with us on your behalf page.
Managing your customers online
When you register and are authorised for online services as a nominee, you will have access to all the customers for whom you act as a nominee in the Select who you wish to act for page.
If you can't see a customer there, you may not have linked your AUSkey digital certificate or may no longer be a nominee for that person. If you believe this is not the case, please contact us for assistance.
You can contact 132 307 or lodge a help form via our website.
Your organisation will need to register for a Centrelink Business online account to manage your business with us.
Before you start
You will need your organisation’s Australian Business Number (ABN) as well as other supporting information to register.
Other information required includes:
- your organisation’s AUSkey digital credential
- your organisation’s name and business address
- your own name and contact details as the applicant
- the name and contact details of your organisation’s primary business contact who will be:
- our main contact
- the person who will advise us about the access requirements of other users in your organisation
- contact details of the authorised person who will accept the terms and conditions of our online accounts
We will access the Australian Business Register to validate information provided in your application. Registration should take less than 10 minutes if you have all the required information at hand.
Register for Centrelink Business online accounts.
Part of the registration process includes linking your AUSkey digital credential. If your AUSkey is unable to be linked during the registration process, you must link your AUSkey when you next log on so you can access the nominee services.
To conduct business with us on behalf of someone for whom you are a nominee, choose the Select a Person to Act For option. Once you have finished, select Leave record.
Large numbers of nominees
If your business has more than 700 current customers for whom you are nominee, you will be presented with a search page where you can select the person you wish to act for by their Customer Reference Number, name or date of birth.
If you have fewer than 700 customers for whom you are nominee, they will be listed on the Search/Select who you wish to act for page. You will still have access to the search facility if you want to use it.
National Business Gateway
The National Business Gateway is a national contact centre dedicated to making it easier for you to do business with us.