Small Business Superannuation Clearing House
We realise that making superannuation contributions each quarter to numerous superannuation funds can be time consuming and can sometimes result in increased administrative costs.
The Small Business Superannuation Clearing House lets you pay your superannuation contributions in one transaction to a single location. It is designed to make this process easier, reducing red tape and compliance costs.
You simply register your employees’ superannuation fund details and we will distribute the contributions to their various superannuation funds.
You need to know
Key features of the Clearing House
The Small Business Superannuation Clearing House is a free online service that will help reduce the administrative burden for your business.
Some of the key features of the service are:
- you make one secure electronic transaction and we distribute the superannuation contributions to your employees’ nominated superannuation funds
- each time you make a contribution, your employees’ preferences are already pre-populated, so you only need to enter the contribution amounts
- it minimises the time and paperwork involved in paying contributions to numerous superannuation funds
- you can choose to nominate a regular contribution amount for an employee
- it helps you meet your superannuation guarantee obligations, reducing red tape and associated compliance costs
- you can obtain a record of your contribution history whenever you need it
- once set up, it only takes a few minutes to process payments
- it is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Small Business Superannuation Clearing House will occasionally be unavailable after-hours while it undergoes scheduled maintenance. In the event the system is unavailable during business hours, please try again later.
Who can use the Clearing House
You can use this service if you are a small business with 19 or fewer employees. An employee is defined as an individual who is employed on a full-time, part-time or casual basis.
We monitor your eligibility for the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House each time you use the service.
Making payments and accessing your payment history
You will only need to make one secure electronic payment to the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House.
Additional information for employers
Additional information about superannuation guarantee obligations, authorised contacts, Australian Business Numbers (ABN), having an email address and security.
Information for superannuation funds
The Small Business Superannuation Clearing House allows superannuation funds to access detailed payment reports, provide and update information such as bank account details and insert rules for employers to follow when selecting a fund on behalf of their employee.
Other benefits of using the service include:
- reduced costs for your business and members
- access to detailed reports to assist in reconciliation processes
- pre-populated bank account details to reduce keying errors by employers
- you can specify whether a member number is mandatory.
Privacy for the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House
The information you provide to the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House (the Clearing House) will be used for the purpose of administering the Clearing House program.
Register your small business
You can choose to register for the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House. Registering will allow you to pay your employee superannuation contributions in one secure electronic transaction.
You can register your small business online. A user ID and link to set-up your password will be emailed to you.
Please have the following ready in order to register your business:
- your Australian Business Number (ABN)
- your email address.
Setting up your details as an employer
When you register for the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House (the Clearing House), you will need to provide your business’ details as well as those of your employees.
Register your superannuation fund
You can choose to register for the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House. Registering will allow you to access payment reports and ensure your details are accurate.
Reference guides for small businesses
Our reference guides and tutorials will help you to register for and use the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House by providing you with step-by-step instructions.
- Download the reference guide for small businesses
Watch our tutorials:
Reference guides and information for superannuation funds and administrators
The following booklets will provide you with more information about how to use our services, our report standards and the rejection procedure.
- Download the reference guide for superannuation funds
- Download the Information for superannuation funds and administrators
- Download the Contribution report standards
- Download the Contribution rejection procedure
Meet small businesses using the service
Many small businesses are already using the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House to better manage their superannuation guarantee obligations.
Watch the videos below to learn more about how this service has helped four different small businesses:
Complaints or feedback about the Clearing House
If you have a complaint or would like to give feedback about the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House:
Webcast - Easing the burden for small business – let’s talk about it
On Thursday 14 June the Department of Human Services hosted the first Small Business Superannuation Clearing House webcast.
Small Business Superannuation Clearing House terms and conditions of use and access
Information on Employer terms and conditions of use and access and Superannuation entity terms and conditions of use and access