National Business Gateway
Contact the National Business Gateway
- Call 131 158
- Email National Business Gateway
- Fax on 132 115
Redundancy or retrenchment
We can assist you to provide support and useful information to staff facing redundancy or retrenchment.
The National Business Gateway is operated by skilled staff who understand the needs of business and can help you with:
- advice and assistance in completing forms, including questionnaires, work details reports, employment separation certificates and employer contact certificates
- arranging an extension of time if you have difficulty providing the requested information to us by the due date
- strategies and options for meeting our reporting requirements
- assistance if you are retrenching employees
- information about Jobs and Skills Expos
- referrals to other government departments and agency services.
The National Business Gateway offers a phone, fax, and internet service that includes:
- information about the Parental Leave Pay
- registering businesses for Online Services, including for Paid Parental Leave, Centrepay, and Basics Card applications
- assistance in using Centrelink Business Online Services, issuing logon Ids, and resetting passwords
- assistance in transferring data from third-party organisations to the customer record, including earnings information from customers employed by Australian disability enterprises.
You need to know
Many customers are entitled to receive a part allowance based on their circumstances. For example, they may be employed on a part-time or casual basis or have investments.
To keep the system fair, we must verify information to ensure that eligible people receive their correct payment and are paid on time. To do this we:
- ask our customers to advise any changes in their circumstances, including income, so that adjustments can be made to their Centrelink payments
- verify customer payments by matching data with other government agencies including the Australian Taxation Office
- respond to information supplied by the public
- contact employers, financial institutions, real-estate agents, educational institutions, and other authorities to confirm current customer details.
Our National Business Gateway will help with any queries you may have about our requests for information.
It also has a role in registering businesses for Online Services, including the Paid Parental Leave scheme, Centrepay and Basics Card applications.
We also assist the transfer of data from third-party organisations to the customer record, including earnings information from customers employed by Australian disability enterprises.