Information Publication Scheme
Our Information Publication Scheme (IPS) includes a range of information about our department and our programs.
About the scheme
Under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) we are required to have an Information Publication Scheme (IPS).
The IPS commenced on 1 May 2011 and requires us to publish a broad range of information and make it available for downloading where possible.
For access to documents listed below but which are not yet available for downloading, please contact us.
About our department
Agency IPS plan
We are required under section 8(2)(a) of the FOI Act to publish our IPS plan
Who we are
We are required under sections 8(2)(b) and 8(2)(d) of the FOI Act to publish information about the organisation and structure of the agency, the location of offices, governance arrangements, senior management team and statutory appointments. The information is available on the following pages:
- our Executive and Structure
- our statutory appointments
- our employee enterprise agreement
- information about careers with us
What we do
We are required under subsections 8(2)(c) and 8(2)(j) of the FOI Act to publish a description of the functions and powers of the agency, and the rules, guidelines, practices and precedents relating to those functions and powers that is, operational information. This information is available on the following pages :
- Our organisational structure
- Online accounts – a range of your personal information is available through your online account:
- Request for Medicare information and pharmaceutical benefits scheme (PBS) claims information
- Our operational information [csv, 149kb]
- FOI Disclosure Log
- Freedom of information functions within our Information Publication Scheme Agency Plan
Our reports and responses to parliament
We are required under subsections 8(2)(e) and 8(2)(h) of the FOI Act to publish Annual reports laid before the Parliament, and other information routinely provided to the Parliament.
- Annual reports
- Senate Order No 8: Production of Departmental File Lists
- Senate Order No 9: List of Departmental Contracts of $100,000 or more
- Centrelink Data-matching Program report on progress
Routinely requested information and FOI disclosure Log
We are required under subsections 8(2)(g) and 11C of the FOI Act to publish information to which the agency routinely gives access in response to FOI requests and the disclosure log of information that has been released under the FOI Act. Information that can be published resulting from freedom of information requests and any routinely released information from such requests is found in our FOI Disclosure Log.
We are required under section 8(2)(f) of the FOI Act to publish information about consultation arrangements that enable members of the public to comment on specific policy proposals for which we are responsible.
We deliver payments on behalf of government policy departments. Consultation regarding policy should be directed to the policy department responsible for preparing the policy.
We are required under section 8(2)(i) of the FOI Act to publish contact details of an officer, or officers, who can be contacted about access to our information under the FOI Act.
We will arrange for IPS documents, which are not available on this website, to be made available in hard copy upon request by either:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at:
Freedom of Information
FOI and Information Release Legal Branch
PO Box 7820
Canberra Mail Centre ACT 2610