The Commonwealth Budget was handed down on 10 May 2011.
This page contains Budget information that may affect people who use the Department of Human Services programs Centrelink, Medicare Australia and the Child Support Agency.
Information is grouped in a way that makes it quick and easy to find the information that matter most to you. You can choose to view Budget measures by either circumstance and by individual agency.
Note:Updates may occur, so you should check back for any new information that might be of interest over the next few weeks.
You can also view the Australian Government Budget website for more information about Budget 2011-12.
Information about the Department of Human Services Budget can be found in the following documents.
Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements
2011-12 Budget measures - information of current interest
- Indefinite portability for permanently disabled Disability Support Pension recipients who have no work capacity
- 10 May 2011 - Government services hit the road: another mobile office and more outreach staff
- 10 May 2011 - Giving Australia Better Access to Services
- 10 May 2011 - Intensive Support for those most in need
- 10 May 2011 - Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support - online 24/7
Budget measures by portfolio
Information on other Budget measures can be found on the following Australian Government websites:
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy
- Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs