The Department of Human Services makes payments to suppliers for the purchase of goods and services using Purchase Orders and Corporate Credit Card.
- A Purchase Order provides details about the goods or services the Department of Human Services wishes to purchase. It will include a description of the goods or service, the price per unit, the quantity being purchased, GST payable and the delivery date. It may also include Special Conditions.
- The Department of Human Services will notify the supplier of the Purchase Order Number and the period of time it will operate.
- When a Purchase Order is used, suppliers are required to quote the Purchase Order Number on all invoices. This helps the Department of Human Services to process payments quickly.
- When the Department of Human Services issues a Purchase Order, it will state at the bottom of the page that it has been issued either:
- Under a specific contract between the Department of Human Services and the supplier, or
- Under the Commonwealth's General Purchase Order Conditions for purchase of goods and services. The Terms and Conditions can be downloaded from AusTender (www.tenders.gov.au) (under Procurement Document Library) or you can obtain a copy from the Contact Officer person indicated on the Purchase Order.
Australian Government policy requires Commonwealth agencies to adopt maximum payment terms 'not exceeding 30 days' for Small Business from the date of receipt of a correctly rendered invoice. For the purpose of the payment of interest on late payments, Small Businesses are businesses that employ less than 20 Full Time Equivalent staff. The policy is described in Finance Circular No.2012/02: Procurement On-Time Payment Policy for Small Business.
Updating information about your business
If you are a business already registered with the Department of Human Services, and your details have changed, eg phone number, email address, employee numbers etc, you are encouraged to update your details by contacting the Department of Human Services Vendor Maintenance at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: in Australia 1800 906 144 options 3, 2, 4 or from overseas 61 7 5561 6885
- Fax: in Australia 07 5561 6944 or from overseas 61 7 5561 6944
Department of Human Services
PO Box 1699
Southport QLD 4215