Applying for Centrepay
There are several ways to start Centrepay deductions.
Some participating organisations can organise your Centrepay deductions for you.
You can also apply for Centrepay deductions:
- on line, using the department’s online services (see our online guides)
- by telephoning us
- by completing a Centrepay deduction form
To start Centrepay deductions, you will need to have the following information:
- your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- the name of the organisation or person you want to pay
- if available, the address and phone number of the organisation or person you want to pay
- the Centrelink Reference Number of the organisation or person you want to pay (this number always starts with 555)—you can look this up when setting up your deductions on line, by contacting the organisation or person you are paying, or by calling us
- your account number and/or billing number if you have one, for instance your electricity account/bill number
- the amount you want deducted from your Centrelink payments each fortnight
- the Centrelink payments from which you want the deductions to be paid
- the payday that you want the deductions to start on
We will send you a letter confirming the details of your deductions. Centrepay will pay your deduction to the organisation or person you have nominated on the same day on which you receive your Centrelink payments. The organisation or person will receive a report with details of your deductions, in order to be able to reconcile your account.