Claiming Crisis Payment
You must submit your claim for Crisis Payment within seven days after the event that caused the crisis.
You can register an intent to claim for Crisis Payment. This will help you get your payment from the earliest possible date.
Claiming with forms
For a Crisis Payment claim form, you can:
- download the Claim for Crisis Payment—extreme circumstances and domestic violence form
- download the Claim for Crisis Payment—humanitarian entrants form
- download the Claim for Crisis Payment—prison release form.
You can also:
- Call Employment Services, on 132 850
- Visit your nearest DHS Service Centre.
Outcome of claims
We will send you a letter advising whether your claim is successful. If you are eligible for Crisis Payment, the letter will also tell you when you will receive your payment and how much you will get paid.
If you disagree with a decision we make
You always have the right to appeal any decision made by us. See information on Reviews and appeals.