Eligibility for Family Tax Benefit Part A
Family Tax Benefit Part A is paid for each child. The amount you get is based on your family’s individual circumstances.
You may be eligible for Family Tax Benefit Part A if you care for a dependent child who is either:
- under 16 years of age
- aged 16 or 17 years and has completed a Year 12 or equivalent qualification, or
- aged 16–19 years (up to the end of the calendar year they turn 19) and:
- is undertaking full-time education or training in an approved course leading to a Year 12 or equivalent qualification
- has an acceptable study load, or
- has been granted an exemption from this requirement
You also need to satisfy an income test, meet residency requirements and be caring for the child at least 35 per cent of the time.
Immunisation requirements for Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement
Children need to be ‘fully immunised’, be on a recognised immunisation catch up schedule, or have an approved exemption to be eligible for the Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement for that period.
Read more about immunising your children.