Income Management in Bankstown (NSW), Logan and Rockhampton (QLD), Playford (SA) and Greater Shepparton (VIC)
On 1 July 2012, Income Management was implemented in five locations to support families and encourage participation in education, training, and work as part of the Government’s Building Australia’s Future Workforce package.
The five locations are:
- Bankstown, New South Wales
- Logan, Queensland
- Rockhampton, Queensland
- Playford, South Australia
- Greater Shepparton, Victoria.
Who it applies to
Income Management does not apply to everyone in these locations. You must be receiving an income support payment or Department of Veterans’ Affairs payment and:
- be referred by the department’s social worker (where you have been assessed as being vulnerable to financial crisis)
- be referred by a child protection authority (where a child in your care is at risk of neglect) or
- volunteer for Income Management.
We will contact you if you have been referred for Income Management.
Moving permanently or temporarily to a new location
You will need to let us know when you move permanently or temporarily to a new location. If your payments are being income managed, the arrangement may continue.