Change of circumstances while receiving Parenting Payment
You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you are receiving a payment. For example, if:
- your child stops living with you
- your relationship changes and you become partnered
- your relationship changes and you are no longer partnered
- your personal circumstances change
- you are getting child-support payments, and the amount changes
- you change your address
- your income changes
- you do not have to lodge a tax return
- your care arrangements change
- your work or study load changes
- you leave Australia
If you do not tell us about the changes within 14 days your payment may be affected. You may be overpaid benefits and you will probably have to pay the money back.
If you deliberately do not tell us about changes, you could be charged with fraud, and a recovery fee may be imposed.