Change of circumstances

It is important that you tell us if your circumstances change. Keeping us up to date means we can assess you correctly. Some changes you need to tell us about:

  • personal and contact details
  • bank details
  • relationship status
  • care arrangements for anyone in your care, including your children
  • work status
  • leaving the country, temporarily or permanently
  • getting a lump sum payment
  • income or assets increase or decrease, including your partner's income and assets
  • start or finish studying

You can update many of these things yourself quickly and easily. You can use self service where it's convenient to you and manage things yourself:

  • online - you need to register to use some of the services, then you can do many things where and when it suits you
  • on your mobile device - our Express Plus mobile apps are simple, fast and convenient, giving you more choices for dealing with us
  • using a self service terminal at one of our Service Centres
  • on the phone - you can contact us

Information specific to payments

Some payments have specific information about what you need to do to tell us about changes in your circumstances. Select the relevant payment from the list below to read about how it will affect you.

Related information

This information was printed from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.