Changes to the time period for lodging lump sum claims and confirming income
On 1 July 2013, the amount of time you have to lodge a lump sum claim or confirm your income changed.
For the 2013-14 financial year, you have 1 year, until 30 June 2015 to:
- lodge a lump sum claim for Family Tax Benefit and Child Care Benefit
- lodge a lump sum claim for the Single Income Family Supplement, if you do not receive Family Tax Benefit
- confirm your income for Family Tax Benefit and Single Income Family Supplement this means you and your partner need to lodge a tax return with the Australian Taxation Office, or
- tell us you don't need to lodge a tax return
If you do not lodge your lump sum claim for Child Care Benefit within 1 year, your eligibility for Child Care Rebate will not be assessed.
If there are special circumstances that prevent you, or your partner, from completing any of the above within the 1 year timeframe, let us know.
If you receive Family Tax Benefit Part A, you may be eligible for other payments, such as the Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement. To receive these payments, you have 1 year, until 30 June 2015 to make sure:
- your child is fully immunised for the financial years they turn 1, 2 and 5
- your child has had a health check for the financial year they turn 4 and you've told us the health check is complete, if you receive an income support payment
Important dates for claiming
You have until 30 June 2015 to do any of the above things for the 2013-14 financial year.
How to claim
Alternatively, you can now claim Child Care Benefit for approved child care using the Express Plus Families mobile app.
- Claim for an annual lump sum payment of Family Tax Benefit for the 2013-14 financial year
- Claim for approved child care payments—an annual lump sum payment for the 2013-14 financial year
Read more about: