Time period for submitting lump sum claims and confirming income
You have 1 year to submit a lump sum claim or confirm your income has changed for that financial year.
2013-14 financial year
For the 2013-14 financial year, you have until 30 June 2015 to:
- submit a lump sum claim for Family Tax Benefit (FTB) and Child Care Benefit
- submit a lump sum claim for the Single Income Family Supplement if you do not receive FTB
- confirm your income for FTB and Single Income Family Supplement. This means you and your partner need to lodge a tax return with the Australian Taxation Office, or
- tell us you don't need to lodge a tax return
If you do not submit your lump sum claim for Child Care Benefit within 1 year, your eligibility for Child Care Rebate will not be assessed.
If there are special circumstances that prevent you or your partner from completing any of the above within the 1 year timeframe, let us know.
If you receive FTB Part A, you may be eligible for other payments, such as the FTB Part A supplement. To receive these payments, you have until 30 June 2015 to make sure:
- your child is fully immunised for the financial years they turn 1, 2 and 5
- your child has had a health check for the financial year they turn 4 and you've told us the health check is complete if you receive an income support payment
How to claim
Alternatively, you can now claim Child Care Benefit for approved child care using the Express Plus Families mobile app.
Download and complete the:
- Claim for an annual lump sum payment of FTB for the 2013-14 financial year
- Claim for approved child care payments—an annual lump sum payment for the 2013-14 financial year
Read more about: