Time period for submitting lump sum claims and confirming income
You have 1 year to submit a lump sum claim and confirm your income for that financial year.
2014-15 financial year
For the 2014-15 financial year, you have until 30 June 2016 to:
- submit a lump sum claim for Family Tax Benefit (FTB) and Child Care Benefit (CCB)
- submit a lump sum claim for the Single Income Family Supplement (SIFS) if you do not receive FTB
- confirm your income for FTB and SIFS. This means you and your partner need to lodge a tax return with the Australian Taxation Office, or
- tell us if you do not need to lodge a tax return, and provide details of your income for the financial year
If you do not submit your lump sum claim for CCB within 1 year, your eligibility for Child Care Rebate (CCR) will not be assessed.
Contact us if there are special circumstances that prevent you or your partner from completing any of the above within the 1 year timeframe.
If you receive FTB Part A, you may be eligible for other payments, such as the FTB Part A supplement and Schoolkids Bonus. To receive these payments, you have until 30 June 2016 to make sure:
- your child is fully immunised for the financial years they turn 1, 2 and 5
- your child has a health check for the financial year in which they turn 4, if you or your partner have been receiving an income support payment
- you have told us if your child started primary school or secondary study, or completed primary or secondary study
How to claim
You can claim FTB, CCB and SIFS using your Centrelink online account through myGov.
You can now also claim CCB for approved child care using the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app if you are receiving FTB.
If you are unable to start your claim online or using our mobile app, you can download and complete one of the following forms:
If you are unable to start your SIFS claim online, you can contact us.
Read more about: