Job Seeker Workshops
You will need to participate in Job Seeker Workshops if you are a job seeker receiving a Centrelink payment with Activity Test requirements and you:
- live in 1 of the 40 selected areas
- are in your first 13 weeks of unemployment, and
- have been assessed as job ready
We understand that it can be difficult finding and applying for jobs if you have not looked for work for a while, so we’ve introduced these workshops to guide you in your job search by giving you the opportunity to discuss topics such as:
- local labour market opportunities
- job search techniques
- out of area employment opportunities
- skills that are in demand
- further appropriate training options such as the program, Skills for Education and Employment
- other services such as the Australian Apprenticeships Access Program
- participation and reporting requirements, and
- obligations while receiving Newstart Allowance or Youth Allowance
Participating in Job Seeker Workshops
If you are eligible for Job Seeker Workshops, a Customer Service Officer will talk to you and let you know what you need to do.
At your Job Seeker Workshop you will be able to share ideas with other job seekers on things like job searching and applying for jobs. We will also provide information to help you better understand your requirements so you can continue to receive your payments while you look for work.
You will attend a combination of Personal Contact Interviews and Job Seeker Workshops. These interviews will be booked by a Customer Service Officer.
If you cannot attend a workshop and have a good reason, let us know as soon as you can so we can book you into the next available workshop. If you do not go to your workshop without talking to us first, your payment may be stopped.
If you start study, training or paid work, call us as soon as you can so we can talk about what you need to do. You may still need to attend workshops, but it will depend on your individual circumstances.
If you are still unemployed after 13 weeks, you will have more regular contact with your Job Services Australia provider, but will no longer need to attend the workshops.
If you move to an area that does not run Job Seeker Workshops you will attend regular Personal Contact Interviews.
Job Seeker Workshops will be available in 40 selected areas.
Job Seeker Workshop Locations
|New South Wales||