Lost or stolen Medicare cards

If your Medicare card is lost or stolen you can ask for a replacement card by:

  • calling 132 011
  • visiting a Medicare Service Centre
  • sending your new address to the Department of Human Services, GPO Box 9822 in your capital city (a form is not required) together with a signed written request that includes your Medicare card number
  • using our Medicare online accounts

If you are living or holidaying overseas, your Medicare card can't be reissued until you return to Australia.

This information was printed from humanservices.gov.au It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at humanservices.gov.au/siteinformation when using this material.