Only families need to register for the Medicare Safety Net
Individuals don’t need to register for the Medicare Safety Net. Just keep your contact details up-to-date with us.
Couples and families do need to register for the Medicare Safety Net, even if all of your family members are listed on your Medicare card.
- Each family member needs to be identified so their medical costs can be counted towards your family’s Medicare Safety Net.
- You only need to register once.
- Contact us if your family members change, for example, if a dependent child is no longer studying or you have a newborn baby.
To register for the Medicare Safety Net:
- call 132 011
- visit your local DHS Service Centre
- download a Medicare Safety Net couples and families registration and amendment form.