Complaints and feedback about Child Support
Call us if you have a general Child Support enquiry
If you have an enquiry about Child Support call us on 131 272, between 8.30am and 4.45pm (local time) Monday to Friday (except on National and State public holidays).
Did you know?
If you’re unable to resolve a complaint with us, the Commonwealth Ombudsman might be able to help you. They investigate complaints from people who believe they have been treated unfairly or unreasonably by an Australian Government department. For more information call 1300 362 072 or visit the Ombudsman website.
We’re committed to ensuring you receive the best service possible. Read more about our service commitments.
If you have a complaint about Child Support, follow our three step process.
- Call us on 1800 132 468 and speak to a Customer Service Officer. They’ll try to solve the problem or let you know how you can object to a decision we’ve made.
- If you’re not satisfied with the response to your complaint, you may ask to speak to the Customer Service Officer Team Leader.
- If you’re still not satisfied with the response to your complaint, you can ask to be transferred to our Complaints Service, or call them direct on 132 919 and speak to a Complaints Officer.
If you’d prefer to write to us:
- send us an email using Child Support Online Services or Child Support Business Online Services
- send a fax to 1300 309 949
- post a letter to GPO Box 9815, Melbourne, VIC 3001
We aim to respond to your mail and phone enquiries within 28 days.
If you submit a complaint using Child Support Online Services, we’ll aim to respond within seven business days. Our secure online service lets you view and update your Child Support information when and where it suits you. You can also send messages and attachments. To create an account, register for Child Support Online Services.
If you have difficulty speaking or understanding English
Call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 between 8.30am and 4.45pm (local time), Monday to Friday. They’ll set up a three-way conversation between you, an interpreter and a Customer Service Officer.
If you have hearing and/or speech impairment
You can call us through the National Relay Service (NRS):
- Teletypewriter (TTY) users - phone 133 677 then ask for 131 272.
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 131 272.
- Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service then ask for 131 272.
Alternatively, you can contact us directly via TTY on 1800 631 187 or contact us in writing.
If you’re calling from outside Australia
Contact us in writing via one of the options listed above, or call us on +61 131 272 or +61 3 6216 0864. International call charges will apply.