Access Points provide free self service facilities for customers to conduct their business with us.
More than 90 Access Points throughout Australia have an internet enabled computer for customers to access our digital services.
Staff at Access Points can sight and photocopy Proof of Identity documents. This means original documents do not need to be sent in the mail to support claims.
Other services available include:
- information products, forms and brochures
- a telephone for department related business
- Medicare phone claiming service and reply paid envelopes to forward receipts to support claims
- fax and photocopy facilities to forward material to us or for other related uses, such as faxing a job resume
No additional face to face staff assistance is provided at Access Points.
Agents have the same facilities and services as Access Points but with the addition of face-to-face support. Agents have internet enabled computers and printers as well as telephones for customer use. Agents may also:
- accept claim forms and documents required to be lodged
- respond to customer enquiries and provide assistance, guidance or referral if needed
- assist customers to access digital services
Agents are not departmental staff and cannot:
- make any payments or decisions about payments
- review, assess or vary payments
- issue Electronic Banking Transfers, Basics Cards, Medicare Cards or Health Care Cards