- adversely affected by an Australian Government declared natural disaster
Tropical Cyclone Ita April 2014
The Disaster Recovery Allowance is available for employees, small business persons and farmers in the Hope Vale and Cook Local Government Areas who experienced a loss of income as a direct result of Tropical Cyclone Ita in April 2014.
Western Australia bushfires January 2014
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) is available to assist people who have been adversely affected by the bushfires in Western Australia that began on 12 January 2014.
Definition of adversely affected by a major disaster
We consider a person is adversely affected by a major disaster if:
- As a direct result of the disaster:
- The person is seriously injured; or
- The person is an immediate family member of an Australia who is killed; or
- The person’s principal place of residence has been destroyed or has sustained major damage; or
- The person is the principal carer of a dependent child who has experienced any of the above
MoneySmart offers free independent guidance to help people make the most of their money.