Payment summaries include the following information:
- your Centrelink payment type
- the time period in which you were paid
- any tax deducted
- any tax exemptions
Access your Centrelink payment summary
If you need to lodge an income tax return and use myTax, e-tax or a registered tax agent, then your Centrelink payment summary information is pre-filled for you.
You don't need to contact us - simply view, download or request a hard copy of your Centrelink payment summary through:
- your myGov account by linking Centrelink as one of your member services
- Express Plus mobile apps
- Centrelink online accounts
- self service terminals at our services centres
- the self service line on 136 240 and selecting 'request a document'
If you are unsure whether you need to include certain types of payments, refer to ATO's government tax-free payments list.
Please note: If your payment summary is amended to include a change in circumstances for that period, it will be adjusted to reflect the correct amount and sent to you automatically through the post.
Decide if you need to lodge a tax return
Use the Australian Taxation Office's Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool to help work out whether you need to lodge a tax return.