- receive an income support payment, pension or Family Tax Benefit from us
- are residing in Australia
You need to know
Eligibility for the Energy Supplement
The Energy Supplement will be paid automatically with your regular payment, providing you are residing permanently in Australia.
Receive the Energy Supplement
You do not need to apply for the Energy Supplement. If you are eligible you will be paid the Energy Supplement automatically with your regular payment - you do not need to contact us.
If you are paid both income support and Family Tax Benefit you will receive a separate Energy Supplement with each payment.
The Energy Supplement is non-taxable and will not be considered income for family assistance or income support purposes.
If your regular payment is subject to Income Management, the Energy Supplement will be income managed in line with your existing Income Management arrangements.
If you are a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder and wish to receive the Energy Supplement, you will need to supply your bank details.
The Energy Supplement may be used to recover overpayments.
Energy Supplement payment frequency
Most customers can elect to receive the Energy Supplement quarterly in arrears. You can change your payment frequency at any time by contacting us.
ABSTUDY Masters and Doctorate customers and customers with a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card can only receive their Energy Supplement quarterly in arrears.
- Managing your money aims to get you in control of your money to help you achieve your goals, manage on a low income and where to go for urgent money help
- Borrowing & credit information on loans, credit cards, other types of credit such as interest-free deals and rent to buy, information about credit reports and credit repair and what to do if you are having trouble with debt
- Superannuation & retirement get the most out of your super
- Investing guides you through the basic principles of investing and how to find a good financial adviser
- Scams explains how scams work, how to identify different scams and what to do if you have been scammed
- Life events & you information tailored to your situation including under 25s, families and over 55s
- Tools & resources handy tools, calculators, publications, audio files and quizzes including a budget planner, retirement planner and mobile apps