Applications for the Household Assistance Scheme are now closed.
Digital TV Switchover
Australia has now switched to digital only TV.
The final areas to have their analog signal switched off were:
- Sydney - on 3 December 2013
- Melbourne - on 10 December 2013
- A number of remote areas including remote QLD, Torres Strait Islands, Lord Howe Island, remote NT and other remote areas in SA, VIC and NSW - on 10 December 2013
Help to become digital ready
To keep receiving free-to-air TV after the digital switchover, you will need a TV that can receive digital signals. You can convert your current TV to digital by:
- using a set-top box or
- using a digital recording device
Or you can buy a TV with a built-in digital tuner.
For information on:
- equipment and reception advice, and
- level of expected signal coverage
Visit the Digital Ready website.