Grandparent advisers can help you by:
- assessing your family circumstances
- providing information and help to access payments and services
- arranging appointments for you with specialist staff such as social workers
- arranging referrals to other federal, state and community service providers who may also be able to help you
Grandparent adviser locations
There are six grandparent advisers based in the following DHS Service Centres:
- Adelaide—servicing Adelaide City and surrounding areas
- Caboolture—servicing areas north of Brisbane such as Deception Bay, Kippa-Ring, and Redcliffe
- Caringbah—servicing the area from the Northern Beaches to Sydney’s south
- Melbourne—servicing Melbourne's surrounding areas and Tasmania
- Penrith—servicing the greater western Sydney region
- Perth—servicing Perth’s surrounding areas
Contacting a grandparent adviser
You can speak to a grandparent adviser directly by calling Freecall 1800 245 965.
Grandparents living outside the local area where grandparent advisers are based can still get help and support, by visiting their nearest DHS Service Centre.