If you identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, you can access Centrelink services Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm local time by calling Freecall™ 1800 136 380. Your call will be answered by the next available Customer Service Officer.
This service assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in rural and remote parts of Australia who may not have direct access to other facilities.
Please remember that, when calling, you make sure you have your Customer Reference Number (CRN) and proof of identity information with you. This can include things such as your Medicare card, driver’s licence, or concession-card details.
Contacting us on the phone
These hints will help you save time:
- have your details ready—including your Customer Reference Number
- have your PIN ready. If you don’t have a Personal Identification Number, call 136 240 to get one
- call your bank in the morning to check on your payment. If you still need information on your payment, try our Online Services, or contact us by phone
- stay on the line. If you hang up and redial, you may end up waiting longer
- when you call for other people, we are unable to provide you with their details, even if they are family members, unless we have their written permission or they are with you when you call