Mobile Service Centres bring payments and services to people who live in rural or regional areas. They provide personalised face-to-face servicing to individuals and families who may not have easy access to government services.
Staff on board our Mobile Service Centres live and work in rural communities and can provide information, assistance and support to older Australians, families, students, jobseekers, people with disability, carers, farmers, and self-employed people.
There are two Mobile Service Centres, named Desert Pea and Kangaroo Paw, which travel around Australia. Check their schedule to find out if they are in your area.
Mobile Service Centres can be quickly diverted to provide emergency on-the-ground support for Australian Government disaster recovery efforts.
You need to know
Services provided by Mobile Service Centres
Mobile Service Centres offer a wide range of services to meet the changing needs of rural and regional communities. We can help you with:
- new claims for a wide range of Centrelink payments
- updating your customer information in our records
- confirming customer documents and supporting information (such as certifying copies of birth certificates)
- information on how financial matters may impact Centrelink payments
- information on payment and service options to suit individual circumstances
- rural payment entitlements for eligible farmers
- non-cash Medicare transactions, such as arranging cheque or EFTPOS claim payments
- Medicare registrations
- information on Child Support payment and service options
- social-work support and referrals.
Mobile Service Centres are staffed by experienced specialist officers who provide friendly face-to-face service, information and support. They are specialists in rural servicing and live and work in the communities they serve.
Who Mobile Service Centres are for
Mobile Service Centres provide information, assistance and support to all rural and regional residents, including:
- older Australians
- people with disability
- self-employed people.
Mobile Service Centres schedule
Mobile Service Centres travel extensively throughout rural and remote Australia.