Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
You need to be a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder in order to get the Seniors Supplement.
The Seniors Supplement is provided to eligible Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders. It is a non-taxable payment that is paid each quarter.
You need to know
Eligibility for Seniors Supplement
You qualify for Seniors Supplement if you:
- hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- have given us details of a bank account into which we can make the payments
- are in Australia or temporarily absent for less than 13 weeks
Payment rates for Seniors Supplement
Find out about Seniors Supplement payment rates.
Claiming Seniors Supplement
Your eligibility for Seniors Supplement is automatically assessed when you claim a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
Change of circumstances while receiving Seniors Supplement
You need to tell us if your circumstances change while you are receiving Seniors Supplement. For example, you need to tell us if:
- you are going overseas
- you move house
- your or your partner’s adjusted taxable income reaches or exceeds the income limits for the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- your relationship status changes (i.e. you become partnered or single)
If you do not tell us about changes, you may be overpaid, and you will probably have to pay the money back.
If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, you could be charged with fraud.
Payments paid while outside Australia
There are rules about getting your payment when you leave Australia.