Youth Connections providers work with young people to help make a successful transition to further education, training, or employment.
We may refer you to Youth Connections if you are still at school, are about to leave school, or have recently left school.
You may be eligible if you:
- are aged 15–19 (state and territory age variations may apply)
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia or on a humanitarian visa or are a New Zealand resident who has been residing in Australia continuously for more than three months
- are at risk of not attaining Year 12 or an equivalent qualification (such as Certificate II)
- are at risk of not making a successful transition to further education, training, or employment
- have educational, personal, social, cultural, or community barriers that prevent you from participating in education, training or employment
You do not need to be receiving income support payments in order to participate in Youth Connections.
Youth Connections providers run different activities in their local areas that young people can come to. They also work with other service providers in their local region to improve the support available to young people.
For more information, visit the Youth Connections page on the DEEWR website.