Child Support online accounts
Help in other languages
If you do not speak English and need help from us, ring the Translating and Interpreting Service on +61 131 450 between 8:30 am and 4:45 pm, local time, Monday to Friday.
What you can do online
When you use your online account to provide us with information, it will automatically update our records or alert us to follow it up.
If you live in Australia you can:
- check when your payments are due and how much you will get
- check the total child support amount outstanding
- check your latest account information
- view a history of payments made and received
- view and update your personal details
- tell us about changes in care arrangements for your children
- tell us about changes to your income estimate
- let us know you have received or made a direct payment
- send and receive secure messages, including attachments
If you live overseas you can:
- send us secure messages, including attachments
- view and update some of your personal details
- tell us your preferred contact times
- tell us any general information that may change your Child Support Assessment
Read more about changes of circumstances that affect your child support.
You can also use the Child Support Estimator service to calculate an estimate of what your new child support and family assistance payments might be.
If you live in Australia or overseas, you can register for a Child Support online account once you have a child support case with us. Most customers can self register at any time, but there are some situations where you may need our help.
To access your Child Support account online, you will need to create a myGov account. With a myGov account you can access multiple Australian Government online accounts with 1 username and password. When linking your myGov account to child support you will be asked a set of questions used for security purposes based on information specific to your child support account.
Read more about how to create a myGov account
It is important to read the terms and conditions carefully before you agree to them.
Child Support letters online
You can receive some of your Child Support letters online using myGov Inbox.
The myGov Inbox lets you receive, view, print and save messages from Medicare, Centrelink and Child Support - all in the one secure place.
If you currently receive online letters from Centrelink or Child Support and create a myGov account with Inbox, your letters will be available in your myGov Inbox.
If you are creating a new myGov account you will receive your username and be asked to set your Inbox alert preferences.
You will receive an SMS or an email from myGov when new messages are available and you can change your preferences at any time.
To log on:
- select the log on button at the top of your screen
- select myGov
- select log on at the bottom of the list and you will be taken to myGov
Help and troubleshooting
If you need help with your Child Support online account, visit Help using Child Support online accounts.
For help with other online accounts, visit Help for online accounts.
For help using your myGov account:
- watch our myGov instructional videos to see how easy it is to use
- call 132 307 and select Option 1. The myGov help desk operates from 7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday
We will let you know when Child Support online accounts have scheduled maintenance.
Sometimes our service delivery can be interrupted and we work on resolving these issues as quickly as possible.
Read more about any current issues and service changes that may impact your online account.
Employers and financial institutions
Services are also available to employers and financial institutions through Child Support Online Business Services. This is a secure online service providing employers with a faster, easier way to manage Child Support deductions.