Medicare Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Line
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian, you can make a free call from a landline to the Medicare Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Line when you want information about, or access to, Medicare services and programs.
The Access Line is supported by staff who are culturally aware of the special conditions that may affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander customers. Call the Medicare Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Line on 1800 556 955.
Register for a Medicare card
Having a Medicare card makes seeing a doctor and some health specialists cheaper or free. It can help you:
- save money on blood tests
- save money on medicine
- keep track of children’s immunisation
- Have a Medicare card-it’s your right brochure
- Voluntary Indigenous Identifier brochure
- Medicare enrolment application form