Customer service officers

We provide you with advice and information about our services and payments. Before you contact us please gather information about the issue you want to discuss.

Grandparents who are carers

Grandparent advisers have been introduced in selected service centres to support grandparents with full time caring responsibility for their grandchildren.

Indigenous Australians

Our Centrelink Indigenous Phone Services help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians access Centrelink services from anywhere in Australia.

Indigenous Specialist Officers help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians who live in rural, regional and remote communities to access the Centrelink and Medicare payments and services.

New arrivals to Australia

Multicultural Service Officers are specialists who help migrant and refugee communities connect with Australian Government services. We also provide free interpreters and some translation services to help our customers understand in languages other than English.

People in rural and regional areas

Our Mobile Service Centres travel throughout rural and regional communities to provide you with information and access to a range of government services.

There is also an extensive network of Access Points and Agents in rural, regional and remote communities throughout Australia, providing convenient access to Centrelink and Medicare services.

People in severe hardship

Our social work services can help you during difficult times by providing free and confidential counselling, support and information.

Our Community Engagement Officers assist people of all ages to get financial help and other services if they are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.

International Services

International Services can help you claim foreign pensions and assess your ability to get Australian payments under an international social security agreement.

People who want financial information

The Financial Information Service is a free, confidential service that provides education and information on financial and lifestyle issues to a wide range of people. Our officers can show you how to make informed financial decisions and help you understand the consequences of those decisions in the short, medium and long term.

People with a disability

The National Relay Service helps you to contact us if you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment.

Separated parents

We provide separated parents with a range of services to help them with their child support needs. For instance, our customer service officers can refer you to helpful services such as telephone counselling services, the Family Relationship Advice Line, Mensline Australia or interpreting help.