You can use our self service options online or by phone. You can manage your personal details, report your income or changes to your circumstances, when and where it suits you.
You can register to access your account online so you can manage some of your business with Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support.
- Centrelink accounts
- Medicare accounts
- Child Support accounts
A secure myGov account gives you fast access to a range of Australian Government services with one username, one password, in one place.
With myGov you can access your records with:
- Child Support
- Personally controlled eHealth Record
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- claim a range of payments
- request and provide documents
- report details about your situation
- view and update your personal information
- receive online letters
- submit documents to us
- lodge Medicare claims for services
- request a replacement or duplicate Medicare card
- update your bank account details
- request your Medicare claims history
- update your personal details
If you have a Medicare account already you can link it through myGov.
Child Support accounts
- tell us about changes in care arrangements for your children
- check when your payments are due and how much you will get
- check the total child support amount outstanding
- view a history of payments made and received
- view most of your letters online and print copies
- view and update your personal details, including changes to your income (estimate)
- let us know you have received or made a direct payment
- send and receive secure messages, including attachments
If you have a Child Support account already you can link it through myGov.
Services are also available to employers and financial institutions. If you are an employer or financial institution go to Child Support Business Online Services.
Once registered, you can:
- access your account online using the Log on button at the top right of any page on the website
- choose from the presented list
- select the Log on button at the bottom of the panel
- follow the prompts
Once you've registered for a Centrelink or Medicare online account, you can download and use an Express Plus app on your mobile device to access your account online. Fast, secure and convenient, it’s like having a service centre at your fingertips.
The Centrelink Phone Self Service is made up of two lines:
Self service line 136 240
On the Centrelink self service line you can hear about options relevant to the payment you are on, such as accessing payment information, applying for an advanced payment or completing your review of Rent Assistance.
Reporting line 133 276
The Centrelink reporting line is for customers who need to report fortnightly to receive their payment. You can report your income from employment and notify your Activity Test requirements using this line.
This service is available to you if you receive child support and we collect your payments. The Child Support Info Service is an automated telephone information system that provides information 24 hours a day, seven days a week about your child support account.
All you need is your Child Support Reference Number (CSRN) and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to use the info service.
If you don’t have a computer at home you can visit one of our service centres, and use our self service terminals. Once you have registered to access your account online, you can use the terminals for Centrelink, Centrelink Express, Medicare and Child Support accounts.
You can access our services from one of over 225 Access Points and 350 Agents in rural, regional and remote Australia. Access Points provide free self-help facilities where you can conduct your business with us.
Watch demonstration videos about how to access your government online accounts with a myGov account and link your member services.
For online technical issues with myGov, call 132 307, Monday to Friday 7:00am to 7:00pm, and select option 1.
We have demonstration videos about Centrelink account online topics, including registration, resetting your password, and receiving online letters, as well as step by step guides that take you through the main Centrelink online options.
For online account technical assistance, contact the Centrelink support hotline on 132 307, Monday to Friday 7:00am to 10:00pm and select option 2.
Watch our demonstration videos about accessing your Medicare account online, including password resetting and lodging a benefit claim.
For online account technical assistance, contact the Medicare general enquiry line on 132 011, where your issue will be logged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For online account technical assistance, contact the Child Support hotline on 131 272, Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm.