News & alerts
- We've improved your Centrelink online account
- Reconnect directly with your Employment Services Provider
- Now there are even more reasons to find and keep work
- Don't get caught out with a huge heating bill this winter
- Family Tax Benefit and child care payments for 2013-14 are coming
- Travelling outside Australia with your family
- View all news for families
News for families
View all stories
We've improved how you do business with us online—making it easier and more convenient for you.
If you're a job seeker and you miss an appointment your provider has booked, contact your provider instead of us.
You may receive the Job Commitment Bonus if you stay in continuous gainful work and off income support payments.
Take the heat off your winter bills by using Centrepay
Any final Family Tax Benefit and child care payments due will be paid after the end of the financial year.
There will be changes to how long you can get family assistance while overseas.
Important update about the Schoolkids Bonus
As Parliament is yet to pass the legislation to end the Schoolkids Bonus, the July 2014 instalment will be automatically paid to eligible families and students between 2 and 16 July 2014. Payments should be expected into your bank account on the same day as your regular payment.
Details about the payment won't appear in your Centrelink online account until the day it is paid to you. Read more about this important update.
If you claim Family Tax Benefit as a lump sum at the end of the financial year, you will be paid the Schoolkids Bonus, if you're eligible, after we assess your claim and after your income has been confirmed.