News & alerts
- JET Child Care Fee Assistance will be capped in 2015
- Quarterly Child Care Rebate payments are starting
- It's annual reassessment time for parents and guardians
- We've improved your Centrelink online account
- Reconnect directly with your Employment Services Provider
- Now there are even more reasons to find and keep work
- View all news for families
News for families
View all stories
Next year there will be changes that may affect your contribution to child care.
If you get Child Care Rebate quarterly, your payment for July-September is on its way.
If your child receives Youth Allowance or ABSTUDY Living Allowance you need to complete an annual reassessment.
We've improved how you do business with us online—making it easier and more convenient for you.
If you're a job seeker and you miss an appointment your provider has booked, contact your provider instead of us.
You may receive the Job Commitment Bonus if you stay in continuous gainful work and off income support payments.
Important update about the Schoolkids Bonus
Legislation has passed to phase out Schoolkids Bonus payments. The Schoolkids Bonus will continue until the end of 2016. This will allow families time to adjust to the change. The last instalment will be paid in July 2016.
The legislative change introduces an income test starting on 1 January 2015.