News & alerts
- Have your say on our self service options
- Parliament is debating Schoolkids Bonus legislation
- Travelling overseas with prescription medicines
- Holiday closures, reporting and payment arrangements
- New payment options for families having a baby
- Extra support for families who have children close together
News for families
View all stories
Do you use our mobile apps, online accounts or phone self service? Take a quick survey and tell us how we’re doing.
Legislation to abolish the Schoolkids Bonus was introduced into Parliament on 13 November 2013.
If you’re travelling overseas this Christmas, make sure you know the rules around taking prescription medicines with you.
Your reporting and payment dates may be affected over the Christmas, New Year and Australia Day holiday period.
Baby Bonus will no longer be available for children who are born or adopted on or after 1 March 2014.
New rules may make it easier to get Parental Leave Pay or Dad and Partner Pay when you have children close together.
Important update about the Schoolkids Bonus
The Australian Government has committed to abolishing the Schoolkids Bonus. Legislation was introduced into Parliament on 13 November 2013. If the legislation is passed by both the House of Representatives and the Senate on or before 12 December 2013, the last sitting day of Parliament for this year, the Schoolkids Bonus will not be paid from January 2014.