News & alerts
- Changes to payments for families
- Information for families with children finishing year 12
- Now myGov offers you more
- JET Child Care Fee Assistance will be capped in 2015
- Quarterly Child Care Rebate payments are starting
- It's annual reassessment time for parents and guardians
- View all news for families
News for families
View all stories
From 1 January 2015, there will be changes to some payments affecting families.
You may receive Family Tax Benefit or Double Orphan Pension until the end of the year.
Exciting new features and enhancements are now available in myGov.
Next year there will be changes that may affect your contribution to child care.
If you get Child Care Rebate quarterly, your payment for July-September is on its way.
If your child receives Youth Allowance or ABSTUDY Living Allowance you need to complete an annual reassessment.
Important update about the Schoolkids Bonus
Legislation has passed to phase out Schoolkids Bonus payments. The Schoolkids Bonus will continue until the end of 2016. This will allow families time to adjust to the change. The last instalment will be paid in July 2016.
The legislative change introduces an income test starting on 1 January 2015.