Rural and remote Australians
News & alerts
- Easter public holiday closures, reporting and payment arrangements
- News for Carers is now only online
- Optometry under Medicare
- Manage your money with your Deduction Statement
- Attending your provider appointments is important
- JET Child Care Fee Assistance will be capped in 2015
- View all news for rural and remote Australians
News for rural and remote Australians
View all stories
Check when you need to report your earnings over the holiday period
Subscribe to receive news for Carers regularly by email.
From 1 January 2015, a number of changes have been made to optometry services under Medicare.
Plan for bills and manage expenses by accessing your payments and deductions online.
Job seeker payments will be suspended and you will not be able to report if you miss an appointment with your provider.
Next year there will be changes that may affect your contribution to child care.