Rural and remote Australians
News & alerts
- Family Tax Benefit Part A will stop for some young people
- Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement now available
- We will be closed over Easter and Anzac Day
- Need your super early on compassionate grounds?
- Keep more of your payment while working
- Help for farmers and their families
- View all news for rural and remote Australians
News for rural and remote Australians
View all stories
From 1 May, Family Tax Benefit will no longer be paid for young people aged 16–17 who have completed secondary study.
Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement are available if your child is born or adopted on or after 1 March 2014.
We will be closed over Easter and Anzac Day. Your reporting and/or payment dates may be affected over this time.
There will be changes to the way we assess applications for the early release of superannuation on compassionate grounds.
From 20 March 2014, changes to your income free area mean you can earn more money and keep more of your payment.
Are you a farmer who needs financial assistance or is currently receiving the Transitional Farm Family Payment?