Students and trainees
News & alerts
- Parliament is debating Schoolkids Bonus legislation
- Holiday closures, reporting and payment arrangements
- Early Lodgement of Youth Allowance claims
- Receiving a student payment while outside Australia
- Tackle your Centrelink student debt before you graduate
- Annual assessments of Youth Allowance and ABSTUDY Living Allowance
News for students and trainees
View all stories
Legislation to abolish the Schoolkids Bonus was introduced into Parliament on 13 November 2013.
Your reporting and payment dates may be affected over the Christmas, New Year and Australia Day holiday period.
If you are planning to study next year, you can lodge your claim for Youth Allowance now.
If you’re planning to study overseas contact Centrelink before you leave Australia.
Make sure your degree is all you take with you when you finish uni. If you have a debt, sort it out before graduation.
Have you completed your annual assessment?
Important update about the Schoolkids Bonus
The Australian Government has committed to abolishing the Schoolkids Bonus. Legislation was introduced into Parliament on 13 November 2013. If the legislation is passed by both the House of Representatives and the Senate on or before 12 December 2013, the last sitting day of Parliament for this year, the Schoolkids Bonus will not be paid from January 2014.