Employment verification reports
You will need to report on an employee’s employment details if we request information from you.
If we send you a Request for information - Employment verification letter with a questionnaire, we would appreciate you completing and returning it to us within 20 days of receiving the letter. The Employment verification report helps us confirm the employee's details to make sure they receive the correct payment or service from us.
You can complete the questionnaire online if you directly employed or paid the person. You will need:
- the unique verification code and claim ID we sent you in the letter
- details of your business
- confirmation of your employee’s employment
- details of your employee’s leave, including dates you have paid them, the amount paid and the period covered by the pay
- details of any compensation claimed
If you complete the questionnaire online, you do not need to return the paper version that came with your letter.
If you did not directly employ or pay the person, you cannot complete the questionnaire online and will need to use the paper version.
You should complete the paper version of the questionnaire if the person:
- worked for you but was paid by another organisation - write this on the last page of the paper version and return it to us; include the name and address of the organisation and we will contact them
- was not employed or paid by you - write this on the last page of the paper version and return it to us
Return the paper questionnaire by:
- post in the supplied reply paid envelope, or
- faxing it to us on 132 115