- Business home
- Business Online Services
- Businesses working with us
- Child Support and your business
- Employer resources
- Payments for businesses
- Your business sector
- Payments and services
- Contact us
- Business service changes
- Feedback and complaints
Centrelink Confirmation eServices for businesses
Online access to real time information about our customers so you can confirm a customer's eligibility for your rebates, concessions or services.
CCeS policy and terms have been updated to improve customers’ privacy and allow Authorised Deposit-taking Institutions to participate.
Read more about changes to Centrelink Confirmation e-Services policy and terms.
You need to know
Centrelink Confirmation eServices is free for organisations that provide rebates, concessions or services to our and Department of Veterans’ Affairs customers.
You can save time and money by getting customer information directly from us or from the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
To use this service you must:
- have a contract in place with us
- have a customer's consent before you can check their details with us, and
- be registered to use this service
Use this service to:
- reduce administrative costs
- improve the integrity of the information you use
- provide better customer service through an immediate response and a secure system
Use the customer confirmation function to confirm a customer's Centrelink entitlement to concessions and services.
It helps concession providers protect the distribution of their concessional revenue.
You can make a:
- Centrelink payment enquiry to confirm a customer’s entitlement to receive a concession
- Department of Veterans' Affairs enquiry to check a customer's concession eligibility
Use the income confirmation function to get customer income and payment details.
You and your customers can both save time because you will not need to contact us for information.
If you have customers who receive Centrelink payments, you may need to check their eligibility for your services, or to determine what assistance you can provide. The information you receive may be in the form of an income statement providing customer details, including their:
- Centrelink payments
- other income
Administrators and trustees of superannuation funds can use the superannuation-confirmation function to get information about the income-support status of a customer receiving Centrelink payments.
Administrators and trustees of superannuation funds can use the superannuation confirmation function to get information about the income support status of a customer receiving Centrelink payments. This helps you decide whether superannuation can be released early due to financial hardship.
A superannuation confirmation enquiry confirms the customer's personal details and provides advice about their income support eligibility.
Once you have logged on to Centrelink Business Online Services:
- select Superannuation Confirmation Enquiry
- fill in the customer details for your search then select submit
Registration to this service will provide you with:
- an online, real time system
- batch processing for large volume requests and historical income statements
- customer assistance from our service centres and customer access points across Australia
- comprehensive online help when using the enquiry screens
- detailed explanations of result information
- helpdesk services 5 days a week by phone or email
- dedicated state and territory based staff for information and support in promoting your services to our customers
- information, materials and user guides for your employees
This service is free for organisations that assist customers receiving Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs payments.
There may be some initial administrative costs associated with system integration interfaces and testing if your organisation needs to use this approach.
Centrelink Confirmation eServices has three different methods to let you get customer information.
You can get customer information through the service using:
- single enquiry service - submit a query for 1 customer receiving Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs payments. You will get the results immediately and can print them for your records
- batch lodgement - submit a query about multiple customers by lodging a batch file in eXtensible Markup Language (XML). You will receive a response to batch lodgement within 72 hours of making a query
- system integration - get a direct connection between your host ICT system and our mainframe for the customer confirmation function only. You will need to set up an interface, which will incur some costs and take extra time. You can get further information on system integration processes by contacting the eService helpdesk
- eXtensible Markup Language (XML) - XML is a simple but flexible text format standard used for the exchange of a wide variety of data on the internet. We can provide you with an XML specification document to help you format the file correctly
IT requests a fee for service testing arrangement to ensure that the files you create are in the required format. For more information contact the eService helpdesk.
If you wish to register your organisation for this service and your organisation has an annual turnover of more than $3 million, your application must be approved under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and associated regulations.
This is necessary to satisfy the Privacy Act requirements where we intend to use a Customer Reference Number (CRN) to disclose details of an individual’s entitlement or income and asset details to approved organisations.
To access this service, a customer needs to provide you with their CRN. You then give this to us so we can provide the information to you.
Should you wish to register your organisation for this service, please be aware that the application process could be lengthy.
A business or organisation that is a legal entity can register to use Centrelink Confirmation eServices (CCeS).
Using the service
You can access eService from 7 am to 8:45 pm Monday to Friday AEST.
The eService is not monitored on national public holidays. If you experience problems when the service is not monitored, please try again when the service is available.
The eService helpdesk is available for support from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday AEST. The helpdesk is not available on national public holidays.
Contact the helpdesk by:
- Freecall™1800 887 774, or
- fax 1300 727 760
If you are a concession provider interested in using this service, you can email email@example.com for more information.