- Business home
- Business Online Services
- Businesses working with us
- Child Support and your business
- Employer resources
- Payments for businesses
- Your business sector
- Payments and services
- Contact us
- Business service changes
- Feedback and complaints
Income Management organisations
Customers who are on Income Management can purchase essential goods and services from you if you apply to be a recognised Income Management organisation.
You need to know
There are no fees for applying or registering to become an approved Income Management organisation.
As an approved organisation, you will get:
- more frequent and regular payments from customers whose payments are income managed
- improved cash flow
- improved financial planning
- a reduction in overdue bills, and
- a reduction in the amount of time and money spent on administering bad debts and service disconnections
You will be provided with signage that lets customers know that you accept income managed money.
Customers can search for approved organisations using the Find a business or organisation search tool.
If your organisation or business does not wish to be displayed on this search tool, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed.
If someone on Income Management stops being your customer, you will have to return any of their money you hold in credit to us. You need to contact us so we can recover the funds and put them back into the customer’s Income Management account.
If a customer’s Centrelink payments stop, the payments to your organisation will also stop. We will recover any money held in credit by your organisation and pay the remainder back to the customer.
If you are approved to receive income managed money, we may carry out compliance checks at any time. If you are in breach of any of the terms and conditions, we may revoke your approval.
Reports showing customer payments and deductions are available for download from Business Online Services.
Public holidays may affect payments to your business or organisation.
There are 2 contracts, a Schedule 4 and a Schedule 5.
Schedule 4 contract
You should apply for a Schedule 4 contract if you provide services that will assist customers to meet their Income Management priority needs. For example, service providers such as utility providers, landlords, community housing organisations and childcare providers.
Schedule 5 contract
You should apply for a Schedule 5 contract if you provide goods that will assist customers to meet their Income Management priority needs. For example, food stores such as supermarkets and bakeries, community stores, furniture stores and pharmacies.
Once your business is registered, you can receive funds from us on behalf of customers directly into your bank account. Income managed customers can request to have regular scheduled payments or one off payments made to your organisation or business through this facility.
How to register
Before you start
Download and read the policy relating to Income Management contracts on the Department of Social Services website.
- Income Management Deductions – Schedule 4 Policy Framework or
- Income Management Deductions – Schedule 5 Policy Framework
You can also contact the Income Management and BasicsCard Merchant Helpdesk on Freecall™ 1800 039 417 or email email@example.com for more information about which schedule you should apply for.
Read the Income Management Deductions – Service Delivery and Compliance Guidelines. These guidelines outline the processes we follow when:
- assessing whether an organisation is eligible to participate in the Income Management Deduction Program
- managing Income Management Deduction Contracts
- conducting audits and compliance reviews of participants, and
- terminating Income Management Deduction Contracts
Download and read the Department of Human Services Business Terms and Conditions. This document set the contract terms which apply to both us and your organisation if approved as an Income Management participant.
Register to become an Income Management organisation by:
- Form, download and complete the:
- Business Application for Income Management Deductions form
- Business Online Services – User Details form for access to Centrelink Business Online Services which will give you access to your Centrelink Deduction reports detailing all your Income Management deduction information
- Business Online Services – Centrelink Deduction Report requirements to choose and specify your individual business needs for your Centrelink Deduction Report
- Phone Freecall™ 1800 039 417 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm local time
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your application
Fax your Business Application, User Details and Centrelink Deduction Report requirements forms to us on 1300 727 760.
If you are approved as an Income Management Schedule 4 or Schedule 5 participant, you will receive an Approval Letter from your state or territory account manager.
Managing your payment
Deductions for Income Management can be added at any time by the Income Managed customer, simply by the customer using Centrelink online accounts, Express Plus Centrelink mobile app, phoning or visiting us.
We provide Income Management organisations with online payment and deduction information. You will receive regular deduction reports in your chosen format which will enable you to reconcile against your bank account.
Your organisation will also have access to the Deductions and Payments Application (DAPA), which is an online service providing you with information about customer deductions and payments made to your organisation. The service allows you to view:
- customer payment details
- payments sent to your organisation
- future deductions
Your business or organisation needs to get information from an income managed customer in order to allow their nominee to authorise access to their income managed funds at your store.
You must get a customer’s authority in writing for a nominee to access a customer’s income managed funds. The authority should include:
- an outline of the purpose so the customer and their nominee are aware of what they are consenting to. For example, the purpose of this authority is to enable you (input customer’s name) to authorise another person (input Customer Nominee’s name) to access your income managed funds held in a store account to purchase priority needs, goods and services on your behalf. You can withdraw your authority at any time by filling out the withdrawal section of the form
- a definition of what a Customer Nominee is for the purpose of the authority. The Income Management contract states: A Customer Nominee means a person for whom the declared customer has given the participant written authorisation allowing the person to access their declared customer store account
- the customer and the nominee’s information. For example:
- Customer details
First given names
Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- Customer nominee details
First given names
- Customer details
- your business or organisation’s name and address
- trading name of the store where the customer account is held
- store address
- an authorisation section for the income managed customer to state their:
- full name
- Customer Nominee acceptance that states what the nominee has access to and what stipulations there are around being a Customer Nominee. For example, I agree to act as a Customer Nominee for the customer named above and to purchase priority needs, goods and services on the customer’s behalf; not purchase exempt goods and services for the customer; and comply with any directions from the customer regarding the goods and services purchased under the authority. The nominee acceptance needs to state their:
- full name
- a withdrawal of consent section which should be signed by the customer when withdrawing consent containing:
- the customer’s name
- who the nominee is and
- the date on which the withdrawal of consent will take effect
Income Management and BasicsCard Merchant Helpdesk
For Income Management and BasicsCard merchant support, information and enquiries:
- Phone: Freecall™ 1800 039 417 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm local time
- Email: im.merchant.help
Income Management Line
Customers can contact the Income Management Line to find out their BasicsCard balance, report a lost or stolen card or make enquiries about their BasicsCard:
- Phone: Freecall™ 1800 132 594
BasicsCard Balance Enquiry Line
This Freecall™ line is for BasicsCard balance enquiries only:
- Phone: Freecall™ 1800 057 111