Multicultural Servicing Strategy 2016-19 just released
Our new strategy outlines how we will build on our service offer for culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) customers.
The strategy demonstrates the value we place on the cultural identities and experiences of our CALD staff, customers and communities. We recognise their complex and changing needs.
We offer a range of services to support communities, our customers and our staff. We aim to ensure our services are responsive to their needs.
We provide our CALD customers with:
- specialist staff such as 70 Multicultural Service Officers who deal directly with community organisations and customers
- free interpreting and free translation of documents needed by customers to claim our payments and services
- a Multilingual Phone Service, operated by skilled multilingual service officers who help customers in their preferred language
- bilingual staff in some service centres, who use their language skills to help our CALD customers
- translated information to read, watch or listen to online
Read the Multicultural Servicing Strategy 2016–19 and consider how we can work together to improve service delivery to multicultural customers.
Read more about our: