Job vacancies available within our department.
Current vacancies are also listed on the APSJobs website.
Vacancies – search current vacancies.
For help with creating a profile and to apply for jobs, refer to the eRecruit user help guide.
Log on to our eRecruitment system to access your profile or complete your job application.
We're seeking enthusiastic, committed and skilled people to work in a dynamic environment.
You need to register and create a personal profile to our eRecruitment system to apply for jobs. You can also upload a resume for your profile.
You need to be aware of the following:
- make sure you have all documents ready to complete your online application, including:
- personal details such as email, phone number and address
- a final version of your CV or resume, including 2 referees with 1 being a current manager
- if you are a current or previous employee, please ensure one of your referees is your most recent DHS supervisor
- a copy of your statements against the selection criteria if applicable, so you can copy it into the online application form - word limits may apply for each criterion so make sure you check this information early
- please allow sufficient time to complete your online application and ensure that it is complete before submitting as you will be unable to access it for further updates
- we will send you an email to confirm what role you applied for
Read more about how to apply and the selection process.
Senior Executive Service positions
There are no current SES vacancies.
We have opportunities for individuals with exceptional leadership skills. You will be joining an organisation that values and promotes diversity. As a Senior Executive in the department, you will be responsible for providing high level advice, setting directions, and driving performance to achieve outcomes in a multi-disciplined, complex and challenging environment. If you want to lead in a complex and dynamic department to develop service delivery policy and provide Australians access to social, health and other payments and services, consider an opportunity with us.
Temporary employment register
Our temporary employment registers are open to eligible candidates interested in non-ongoing or casual employment.
We fill these positions on a full time or part time basis for up to 12 months.
Depending on business requirements, positions may be available across a range of locations, business areas and classifications.
We have 3 temporary employment registers:
- Temporary Service Officer register – APS3 and APS4
- Temporary programme, corporate and administration register – APS1 to EL2
- Temporary specialist roles register – APS3 to EL2
To be considered for all roles, you need to apply to all 3 registers.
Your application will stay on our temporary registers for 12 months and can be updated during this time. Make sure you complete the preferences tab as this information is used to help match you to available and suitable positions. We recommend you review your application every 3 to 4 months to ensure it’s correct and up to date. This will ensure we can contact you if a suitable position arises.
When applying ensure you:
- review all the required tabs and respond to all questions
- outline all relevant skills, experience and qualifications to support your application
You will receive an email confirmation once you’ve registered. If you don’t, check your spam mail or contact us by emailing email@example.com
This register is used to fill roles for APS3 and APS4, predominantly in our customer service delivery environments. Roles will vary depending on business requirements and may involve contact with a range of customers, health professionals and other third parties. You may handle a variety of matters regarding eligibility, participation and access to payments and services. Interactions can be through the telephone, face to face, or online.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- well developed customer service skills
- intermediate computer skills
- ability to work collaboratively within a team
- ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- ability to work in a structured work environment
This register is used to fill roles from APS1 to Executive Level 2. Roles filled via this register are in a number of operational, programme and corporate support areas including:
- compliance and risk
- corporate support
- fraud and investigation
- management and leadership
- procurement and contracting
- policy and research
- programme management
- project management
This register is used to fill roles from APS3 to Executive Level 2. We look for people with specific skills across a range of disciplines including:
- accounting and finance
- communication and marketing
- data analytics
- engineering and technical
- human resources
- information communications and technology
- science and health - medical practitioner, nursing and psychology
- social work
Although the application process asks you to select a range of APS levels,this register will only be used to fill specialist roles from APS3 to Executive Level 2.
Other employment opportunities
Other employment opportunities available include:
- employment programs such as Indigenous employment programs, work experience pathways and entry level pathways
- National Graduate Program if you are a recent university graduate
- interpreter or translator services – you can register your interest in working as an interpreter or translator