Graduate program requirements

We offer university graduates an entry level opportunity to start their career with us.

Applications for our 2017 intake are now closed. Thank you and best of luck to all who applied. Keep up to date with what's happening on Facebook or as described in the recruitment process.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible to apply for our graduate program, you must:

  • be an Australian citizen, or able to provide evidence that you will be granted citizenship before you start on the program. You can be in the process of applying for your Australian citizenship when you apply for our program. However, you must be an Australian Citizen before the program starts. Permanent residency without citizenship is not accepted
  • be willing to relocate if required and
  • have completed a minimum of an Australian recognised undergraduate degree on or since 2 March 2013 or
  • have achieved a postgraduate degree within the same timeframe. You can apply while still studying as long as you will have graduated by the time you start in the program.

Skill requirements

Successful applicants will demonstrate:

  • an ability to complete specialist or technical research and analysis and present information and findings
  • strong written and verbal communication skills
  • proven drive and integrity in relation to achieving work objectives and the ability to respond ethically to demands and circumstances
  • an ability to establish positive working relationships with team members and stakeholders and
  • the ability to problem solve, think laterally and with innovation to make sound judgments and decisions.

In addition, Professional pathway applicants will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of contemporary issues and practices related to their professional area of expertise or technical discipline.

Read more about Professional pathways which form part of our program elements.

Degree requirements

A credit average for your university studies is an advantage but not mandatory.

There are essential degree requirements for each discipline within the Professional pathway. To participate in the Professional pathway you must have a degree in

  • Allied health and a demonstrated eligibility to gain registration with the professional health or allied health registration body. For professional disciplines without registration requirements, you must show eligibility for the professional association pertinent to the undergraduate health or allied health based degree. An example of these professional associations include: The Australian Association of Social Workers; Exercise and Sports Science Australia, and Australian Society of Rehabilitation Counsellors
  • Communication, such as an undergraduate degree in:
    • media and public affairs
    • public relations
    • web design
    • advertising
    • journalism
    • media arts
    • digital media, or
    • multimedia
  • Data Analytics, such as an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in:
    • statistics
    • maths
    • social science and social research
    • engineering
    • applied science
    • information management
    • all areas of data science and analytics, economics and finance and business studies

While graduates with specific degrees in Data Science and related disciplines are welcome to apply, we are interested in graduates with an aptitude and interest in data from a range of degree programs.

  • Finance, such as an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in:
    •  business, commerce or economics majoring in accounting
    • membership or associate membership of a recognised professional accounting body, such as CA or CPA is an advantage
  • Human resources, such as an undergraduate degree in
    • Human Resource Management
    • Management with a major in human resources
    • Business with a major in human resources
    • Arts with a major in human resources
  • Information and communication technology, such as an undergraduate degree relating to ICT:
    • Bachelor of Information Technology
    • Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics)/(Software)
    • Bachelor of Computer Science
    • Computer and Information Sciences
    • Computer and Information Systems Security
    • Computer Forensics and Counterterrorism
    • Computer Graphics
    • Computer Hardware Technology
    • Computer Programming (Product Certification, Specific Application, Vendor Certification)
    • Computer Services Administration and Management
    • Computer Software and Media Applications
    • Computer Software Technology
    • Computer Systems Analysis
    • Computer Systems Analyst
    • Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications
    • Computer Systems Technology
    • Computer Technology
  • Law or equivalent, such as:
    • Bachelor of Laws
    • Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Arts
    • Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Commerce
    • Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Economics
    • Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of International Studies
    • Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Communications
    • Bachelor of Laws/Other Bachelor Degree
    • Juris Doctor

You must also have completed, or must be willing to complete, a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice or equivalent.

Overseas students

If you obtained your degree at an overseas university, you will need to have it recognised by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition.

Read more about having your overseas education recognised on the Department of Education and Training website.

Relocation to Canberra

If you are offered a position in the program, you may be required to relocate.

The majority of positions are based in Canberra. We recommend a willingness to relocate to Canberra.

Opportunities to complete the program in areas outside Canberra are limited and vary each year subject to our business requirements. We have previously placed graduates in locations such as Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney in 2016.

We will pay for the relocation of you, your partner and your immediate dependents. We will pay to relocate your furniture and a motor vehicle. Relocating pets will be at your own expense.

We also arrange a household establishment allowance to be used in any way, such as the purchase of pantry items or the bond for a rental property.

If you are required to relocate to a new location, we pay for your first 21 nights of accommodation in a fully self-contained serviced apartment.

Contact us

If you have any questions about our program, we have a team of people who can help you.

You can contact us through our dedicated graduate email address, phone 1800 242 560 or connect with us on Facebook.

Page last updated: 30 September 2016

This information was printed Friday 30 September 2016 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.