If you are unable to obtain a letter from an Indigenous organisation, you must provide us with 2 statutory declarations confirming your heritage.
- a personally signed statutory declaration from the applicant, and either
- a statutory declaration completed by an APS employee who is also an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or both, or
- a statutory declaration completed by an Indigenous Service Provider, such as a University Indigenous Support Unit or an Indigenous Medical Service
These statutory declarations must include a statement confirming that you:
- are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent or both,
- identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or both, and
- are recognised by your community as a person who is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or both
Any personal information collected is only used for the primary purpose of assessing your eligibility and will be maintained in a secure location as required under the Privacy Act 1988.
These opportunities are advertised under Special Measures under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 and is restricted to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
You can find more information about Indigenous Australians - Special Measures on the Australian Public Service Commission website.