Personal information releases

You can get personal details we hold about you under our administrative access scheme.

The easiest way to get your details is online. You can do it using your online accounts through myGov. You can view and update your own details anytime. It is fully secure.

Details you can get include your:

  • Medicare and PBS claims
  • Centrelink statements, payment and claims history, and
  • immunisation history

To see a full list of what you can do online, visit:

If you don’t have an account, you can register for one.

If the details you need aren’t online, you can ask us to send them to you.

Medicare claims history

If the Medicare claim details you are seeking is not on your Medicare online account, you can ask us for it. Use the Request for Medicare claims information form.

We can tell you the:

  • date of service
  • item claimed
  • item description
  • benefit amount
  • payment method
  • provider name and location

Send your form to

If you need a Notice of Past Benefits, use the Medicare Compensation Recovery Medicare History Statement request form. Return it to us as stated in the form.

Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) claims history

If the PBS claim details you are seeking is not on your My Health Record, you can ask us for it. Use the Request for PBS claims information form.

We can tell you the:

  • prescribing and supply date
  • item description
  • quantity of repeats
  • prescriber and pharmacy name and location

Send your form to

Centrelink details

You can ask us to provide details about your Centrelink payments and services to:

  • law firms
  • insurance companies
  • superannuation funds
  • another government agency, or
  • other third party organisations

Use the Authority to Release Personal Information Personal Injury, Insurance, Superannuation or Other Matter form.

We can provide your:

  • Centrelink payment tax summary
  • earnings
  • medical certificate
  • Job Capacity Assessment and Employment Services Assessment reports

Some details may not be included. You can ask us for other details in the form.

You can submit your form by:

You can ask us questions by email:

Medicare Tax Benefit Statement

The net medical expenses tax offset is being phased out. We will not issue Medicare Benefit Tax Statements for 2015-16 and onwards.

To get a Medicare Benefit Tax Statement for 2012-13, 2013-14 or 2014-15, use the Request for a Medicare benefit tax statement form.

Send your form to

Other ways to ask for information

Page last updated: 27 September 2016

This information was printed Wednesday 28 September 2016 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.