Complaints and feedback - tell us what you think

We value your feedback. Making a complaint, giving a compliment or offering a suggestion can help us improve our service.

Provide feedback or make a complaint about myGov.

If you need immediate assistance with a complaint, phone our feedback and complaints line on 1800 132 468.

If you are a business or health professional, you can provide your feedback or make a complaint using the specific options available for you.

Before you give us feedback

See if the frequently used information on our website can help you.

You should not use our feedback options to:

When to contact us with feedback

If you are not satisfied with the quality of our service, or if we haven’t met our service commitments we want to hear from you. You can talk with any of our staff, and if you’re not happy with their response you can speak to their manager. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact us through one of our feedback options.

We also want to hear from you if you have positive feedback about a service you have received, or have an idea about how we can improve our policies, programs or services. Your compliments and suggestions are always appreciated and will be passed on to the relevant team. All compliments are shared by managers with their staff.

Complaints, suggestions and compliments can be submitted anonymously, but if your feedback is lodged anonymously, you won’t be able to track it online.

When you contact us, we ask that you be respectful and factual. Tell us what outcome you would like. This will help us resolve your feedback quickly and effectively.

You can make a complaint, suggestion or provide a compliment in your language - we can also arrange translation and interpreter services.

How to make a complaint, or provide a suggestion or compliment

You can submit your complaint, suggestion or compliment online, over the phone or in writing. This includes feedback about myGov or your online account.


It’s fast and easy to submit feedback online. You can submit your feedback using your Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support online accounts through myGov. You can also track the progress of your submission, and we can respond more directly.

You do not need a myGov or online account to submit feedback online. If you don't have an online account, myGov account, or are a representative or nominee, you can still provide feedback online.


You can call our feedback and complaints line on 1800 132 468. Our Service Officers will make every effort to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible.

We are committed to making sure everyone has access to payments and services. If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, you can use the National Relay Service - a national phone and internet service.

If you’re overseas, you can call us on one of our international phone numbers.

Write to us

Feedback or complaints can be provided to us in writing, but it may take us longer to respond. Postage is free from within Australia.
Centrelink and Medicare
DHS Complaints and Feedback
Reply Paid 7788
Canberra BC ACT 2610
Child Support
Child Support Complaints and Feedback
Reply Paid 9815
Melbourne, Vic 3001

Our response

If we need to contact you about your feedback, we will generally do so within 5 working days of receiving your complaint, and will resolve your complaint within 10 working days.

If we can’t resolve your complaint, we’ll explain why and let you know what other options you have.

If we call you about your complaint it will be from a private number. For privacy reasons, we will not leave a voicemail message unless you are clearly identified in your voicemail.

We may only be able to respond with general information to anonymous complaints. Providing your name and contact details will allow us to get in touch with you and help resolve the issue.

Help with self service

If you are experiencing difficulties with any of our online accounts, including Express Plus mobile apps, you can:

For assistance with your online account or myGov call 132 307

Reviews, appeals and compensation

If you do not agree with a decision about your payments or services, you have the right to ask for a review of the decision.

Policy feedback and suggestions

We deliver a range of payments and services on behalf of the Australian Government.

Australian Government policy departments welcome suggestions from the public, and they encourage you to contribute ideas about improvements to a department's policies, programs and services.

Read more about policy department feedback and suggestions.

Your right to privacy

If you contact us via email with a complaint or enquiry, we are prevented by law from responding with personal information. We will only be able to respond with general information. When you provide us with your email address you are permitting us to contact you by email, and need to be satisfied with the security and privacy of your email.

Read more about how we manage your right to privacy.

Freedom of information

A freedom of information request is not needed if you want to see your own information.

Commonwealth Ombudsman

If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you can contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman online, or call them on 1300 362 072.

Page last updated: 5 February 2016