Applying for a child support assessment

You can apply for a child support assessment online or over the phone.

If you, the other parent or your children live overseas, you may not be able to apply directly through us. Read more information about applying for an assessment for child support when parents or children live overseas.

Application options


We recommend you apply using the online Application for child support assessment form.

You can also use self service to fill in and submit the application form. You need to be registered with myGov to access your Child Support online account.

You can quickly and easily update your details by creating a myGov account. You can link your government online services together, including your Child Support online account. It’s an easy and secure way to do your child support business where and when it suits you.


You can apply over the phone by calling 131 272.

Supporting documents

You may need to supply additional information for us to complete your child support assessment.

Withdrawing your application

If you have applied for a child support assessment and we have not accepted or refused your application, you can withdraw your application if you change your mind. To do this complete the notice of withdrawal of application for a child support assessment form

Application outcome

Once you have submitted your application, we will inform you and the other parent of the outcome of your application.

You may have the right to object to a child support decision we make. Read more about objections to child support decisions.

Page last updated: 11 February 2016