Change of circumstances while receiving Double Orphan Pension

You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you’re receiving Double Orphan Pension.

For example, if:

  • the child receives an orphan pension from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • your personal circumstances change
  • you no longer meet residence requirements
  • you change your address
  • your care arrangements change, or
  • you or the child leave Australia, even for a short time

Doing the right thing is easy:

It’s never too late to report a change. By telling us about any changes today, we can help make sure you get the correct payment.

If you’ve received payments you’re not eligible for, you may have to repay the amount. Having to repay a debt may be difficult but choosing not to tell us when your circumstances change could lead to far more serious consequences.

If you deliberately don’t tell us when your circumstances change, you could be committing fraud.

Read more about how to avoid committing fraud.

We’re testing a new website design. Try it out and tell us what you think. Read more about changes to this site.

Page last updated: 7 March 2017

This information was printed Saturday 22 July 2017 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.